Verdanza Hotel’s dedication to environmental sustainability
See how we reduce our impact to the environment
Environmental sustainability is extremely important to us at the Verdanza Hotel. Management and staff work hard to minimize the impact our operations have on the world around us while ensuring our guests have a relaxing and memorable experience.
Here are just a few of the measures we have taken to reduce our impact on the environment:
- Light-emitting diode (LED) fixtures have been installed in all common areas
- Use of more efficient showerheads and sink faucets
- Two rainwater collection tanks supply water for the Spray Park and hotel gardens
- Used vegetable oil is collected and then turned into biodiesel by a local company
- Disposable dishes and cutlery used in the pool area have been replaced by reusable wares
- Empty printer toner cartridges are recycled
- Guests are encouraged to reuse bed linens and towels
- Verdanza Hotel is the only hotel in Puerto Rico with a recharging station for electric vehicles
Our People, Our Community
The Verdanza Hotel has partnered with several small, minority and women-owned businesses locally to help support the community.
In addition, throughout the year a number of our evenings were held to benefit worthy causes, such as JJ Barea Foundation, De Tu Closet a mi Prom, Pet Friendly; and the Programming Fund of the University of Puerto Rico’s public radio station.
Meanwhile, our hotel helps to promote the professional development of the local tourism workforce through a year-round program of internships for hospitality and culinary students, as well as through an active participation in the annual Saborea Puerto Rico culinary festival, which benefits the Puerto Rico Hotel & Tourism Scholarship Foundation.